Feelings come in waves - 2023


I'll switch to english for a while. This painting has a lot of meaning for me, because it was my first oil painting ever.

Before this, I always saw oil painting as "the hardest thing", or like the thing "real artists used". I am self taught, so I didn't have any idea how to work it, or techniques. But this just made it even more fun!

Instead of judging myself too hard for it to be "perfect" (which i kinda still did because i erased the face and hair like 3 times), but still. I really tried to just play with it. Not have a plan and just see how the paint worked. And I loved it.



I've come to realize and accept the fact that I'm a very, very sensitive and sentimental person. Mine and everyone else's emotions truly rule my entire life. And for some reason, those feelings for me are better described through water. (i've come to realize this is not a unique thing to me, lots of people feel emotions and explain them this way, which makes it even more interesting for me because, why??)

Anyway, sometimes I'm underwater, deep where is dark. Sometimes I'm rising, sometimes the tide is really slow, and sometimes I'm drowning in the waves.




This painting was created between November 20th - December 13th, 2023. 30x30cm, Oil Painting.
It took me aprox 5 nights to paint this, and 2 of those nights my electricity was cut jeje so I decided to paint with 3 candles nearby like an 1800's Victorian Lady. It was funnyyyy.



***On Sale***
Price: $85
₡45.000

If you'd like to buy this painting, you can write to me in Instagram @justlusciaart



Thank you for watching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Vignette'

Piedad - 2024

"Do you see? I see..." - 2024