'Vignette'

 


This one, I'm not sure why, I was just procrastinating to upload it anywhere! I think is because I don't love it, but I keep coming back to it somehow. Still, here it is.

Inspired by the song Vignette, by Twenty One Pilots.

Where do I go from here?
Where do I go from here?
Clinging to promises
Fighting off the vignette
Tunnels cave, visions fade
Swallowed by the vignette

This new album, Clancy, hit me like a brick on the face. Almost every song has a special meaning for me, but this one specifically made me cry. Around the time it came out I was (and still somewhat) fighting my way around "things that make me dizzy". And how much I crave them. 

And before I started this painting I had a thought of how I "need to be vulnerable" at least with my paintings. It's really hard for me to accept something's wrong, and asking for help, or maybe even just communicating it. So I guess this painting was me putting the song, and my feelings, in a canvas.

"Swallowed by the vignette" was a big part of this year.


I think I changed the painting like 3 times. This was the first "idea", which looking back on it, is not that ugly haha, but someone on my instagram said it looked like Dr. Doofenshmirtz balloon, and I couldn't.

So then I changed it, added to it, and left it on my shelve for like a month, then came back and added more clouds to make it look more...suffocating? I don't think it worked hehe, but I like it more at least.


I don't want to talk more about her. The song explains it better than I could. Maybe one day I'll try a re-do.

Painted May 26 - Jun 1st. Oil painting, 50x40cm canvas.

***On Sale***
Price: $55
₡30.000

If you'd like to buy this painting, you can write to me in Instagram @justlusciaart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piedad - 2024

"Do you see? I see..." - 2024